Elevate Your BBQ or Restaurant Menu with Alligators Inc’s Whole Alligator!
Are you seeking an extraordinary offering for your next backyard BBQ or to wow your adventurous restaurant patrons? Consider Alligators Inc’s whole alligators! Our alligators are professionally farm-raised in South Florida, in our family-owned and operated farm, and processed in our state-certified, HACCP-compliant facility right on the premises.
Ethical and High-Quality Alligator Farming
Our alligators thrive indoors in climate-controlled buildings, nourished by top-quality custom blended feed (56% protein and high fat). This assures outstanding results in the quality of our alligator meat. Taking great pride in the ethical treatment of our alligators, we do not feed them growth hormones or steroids, nor do we soak them in any preservatives such as Sodium Tripolyphosphate.
Perfect Harvest Size for Your Culinary Needs
The whole alligators we offer typically weigh between 17 and 28 pounds, which is our targeted harvest size for perfect flavor and texture. These alligators are approximately 4.5 to 5.5 feet in length, but we prioritize weight over length when determining the right time for harvesting.
A Healthy and Unique Meat Choice
Alligator meat is an exceptional choice for health-conscious guests. Rich in protein, it surpasses even chicken, beef, or pork. It’s a lean white meat with a mild flavor resembling chicken, low in fat and cholesterol. The majority of the white meat is in the tail, but the back loins, neck, and ribs are also excellent. For those who prefer a slightly gamier taste, the legs offer darker meat. For a more in-depth look at the nutritional value of gators check out the official stats with the USDA.
Ready for Your Next Grill Party
We skin and gut our alligators, leaving the feet and head on for a striking showpiece at your next grilling event. Our whole alligators are freshly frozen after harvest, vacuum-sealed, and ready for your next cookout. We ship them frozen in custom-insulated boxes with dry ice, along with cooking instructions.
Convenient Shipping Schedule
We ship every Monday and Tuesday, and we recommend that our customers place their orders by the preceding Wednesday for efficient processing and receipt of the order.
Embrace the thrill of extraordinary flavors with Alligators Inc’s whole alligator – the ultimate choice for a unique and memorable culinary experience. Place your order now!
Whole Smoked Alligator
- Lump Charcoal
- Light or Fruity wood chunks (Pecan was used here)
- 1 Whole Alligator
- Enough Water to cover Alligator
- 1 cup Kosher Salt per gallon of water
- 3 cups Brown Sugar
- 2 cups White Sugar
- To Taste Light dusting of your favorite Creole Seasoning
- To Taste A Good Rub (Plow Boys Yard Bird was used here)
- To Taste Jack Daniels
- To Taste Cherry Cola
- To Taste Apple Juice
- Allow the frozen alligator to thaw for about a day before putting it in a small ice cooler and covering it with enough water to submerge the gator.
- Add Kosher or sea salt, brown sugar, and white sugar to the water in the cooler and let the gator sit in the brine for 16 hours
- Preheat your pit to 250°F. We used a Meadow Creek PR60 Pig Roaster with a combination of briquettes, lump charcoal, and pecan wood chunks.
- Season the gator with Creole seasoning and a rub of your choice.
- Once the pit’s temperature reaches 250°F, place the gator on the pit and mop the gator every hour for 5 hours with a mix of Jack Daniels, cherry cola and apple juice.
- After 5 hours, the gator should be perfectly cooked, and you can serve it immediately (just to be sure, internal temp with a Thermapen should be 155°F degrees)